CORRIGENDUM on INTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT NO.1 OF 2020
KYEGEGWA DISTRICT SERVICE COMMISSION
INTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT NO.1 OF 2020
Corrigendum is made on internal advertisement NO.1 of 2020 onthe post of Senior Environment Health Officer especially on the Job Purpose, Key Functions and specifications (Qualifications), below are the Job requirements for the position of Senior Environment Health Officer, the rest remain unchanged.
Job Title : Senior Environment Health Officer (01)
Job Ref. No. : KGWA 14/2020
Salary Scale : U3Sc
Reports to : Assistant District Health Officer
Job Purpose; To promote hygiene and environmental sanitation within the District/Town Council.
Must have an Honors Degree in Environmental Health Sciences from a recognized Institution; with six years (6) experience three (3) of which at the level of Senior Health Inspector; must have a Diploma in Health Services Management or its equivalent; and must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
At least 3 years of experience at the level of Environmental Health Officer in government or a reputable organization with exposure to environmental management issues and practices.
- Participating in disease surveillance and management of Environmental Health activities
- Accounting for allocated resources
- Coordinating inspection of homesteads and public premises for hygiene and environmental sanitation
- Sensitizing the community on Public Health Act, Regulations and By-laws
- Inspecting refuse collection and disposal sites
- Carrying out human resource management activities like identifying manpower needs and training, Promotion, leave and deployment
- Initiating and participating in research activities
- Training and mentoring students and staff
- Enforcing the Public Health Act, Regulations and Health promotion measures; and
- Managing, accounting for allocated resources
THE SECRETARY DISTRICT SERVICE COMMISSION,
29th September 2020