Community Based Services
Mr. Kasaija Kalya Ezra (DCDO)
The department is under the leadership of District Community Development Officer (DCDO)
The Social Development Sector is responsible for empowering and mobilizing communities, protecting and promoting the rights of specified vulnerable groups for social protection and gender responsive development. The sector contributes to the attainment of the National Development Plan, DDP and is in line with the following goals in sustainable development.
- Goal (1), End poverty in all its forms everywhere (no poverty)
- Goal (2), Good health and wellbeing-ensure healthy lives and promote wellbeing for all at all ages
- Goal (3), quality education-ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Goal (4), Gender equality- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Goal (5), Peace Justice-promote peace full and strong Institution and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and intensive institutions at all levels.
A better standard of living, equity and social cohesion.
Promotion of gender equality, social protection and transformation of communities.
To promote labour productivity, employment, protect rights of vulnerable and empower marginalized groups for gender-responsive development
- Promote rights, gender equality and women’s empowerment in the development process.
- Reduce imbalances and improve equal opportunities
- Enhance effective participation of communities in the development process
- Promote decent employment opportunities and labour productivity
- Enhance the resilience for inclusive growth.
- Improve the capacity of youth to harness their potential and increase self-employment, productivity and competitiveness.
The department has sub sectors which include;
- Gender and women
- Community Development,
- Probation and Youth
- Labour and industrial relations