P.O. Box 99, Kyegegwa| Tel: +256-781-652737 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presidential Address on COVID-19
President's address today 25.03.2020 at 8 PM - Laying out additional measures to curb the spread of the deadly Coronavirus:
- Suspension of all public passenger transport vehicles: all buses, passenger trains, PSV, Boda bodas etc.
- Only private vehicles carrying a maximum of 3 people are permitted to move;
- Lorries delivering cargo, delivery vans, pick up vehicles and other vehicles for carrying food and other essentials permitted
- Boda bodas carrying cargo and food permitted to continue moving. Boda bodas encouraged to change their business from focusing on carrying people to delivery of foods
- Ambulances, Security forces' vehicles, government vehicles doing essential work, Kasasiro vehicles permitted to continue moving ;
- Only markets selling food stuffs will continue operating. Trading in other non food items in markets has been suspended . But maintain the social distance of 4 Metres
- Government offices should work out only the essential staff who will remain on duty.
- All government vehicles at the District (except police and army vehicles) should be put at the District Hqs under the command of the District Health Officer
Wednesday, March 25, 2020